Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When Your Boss Crosses The Line

Okay...I know I am grown and it's my responsibility to hold down a job. I also know that there is bullsh*t at every job and you can't get mad and quit everytime something comes up at the gig, HOWEVER, there are some instances where integrity is questioned and your boss crosses the line!!

I have a co-worker who boss talks to her in a very condescending way. She has tried to complain but the boss is company and HR favorite who everyone "thinks" can do no wrong. So it's a lose lose situation for my co-worker. She is miserable at work and can't do anything about it. She loves her job and what she does, it's just that the micro-management part is out of control and the tone that is used that when being spoken to.

Her boss told her that talking to her is like talking to her 3 yr old daughter and she doesn't want to bring herself down stooping to her level. My co-worker has a report to do every morning and evening. The boss makes a point to tell her everyday as if she doesn't know which is really weird because she's been there for a year now. When the weather is bad, she'll tell my co-worker, "You can leave." But then she'll say, I didn't tell her to leave and then this big argument about whether she told the girl she could go home or not.

I think that although things happen at the gig, and I know I have financial responsibilities, I will not be disrespected. When you start taking the work home with you, it's just too much. At a previous job, I had a manager tell me he would decided what's important to me. I politely informed him that no one could decided what's important to me. I understand you're a manager, but you don't manage my life, you manage the job. I left because as long as he felt that way, there was no way you could really get ahead.

I just want to know what are some your worse experiences and how should you handle bosses who like to flaunt their professional power while treating you like a peasant? What's Your Opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment