Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions and Why I Don't Make Them!!

Happy New Year's Everyone!! This is the time of the year that you start making promises that your probably won't keep. It's not that we're not capable of doing them or that we're not interested in doing what we said we was going to do, it just seems like when you tell people your resolutions, you become a bacteria under the microscope. Everything you do that may not be compliant to your resolution is pointed out to you. People will point out to you what you're eating, that there is a dish in the sink!!! Whatever they can.

Now, there are somethings that I want to change so I'll just try doing them instead of telling people and announcing it to the world. Last year (when '07 was changing to '08) I wanted to go to school and although I thought about it around New Years, I didn't make it a resolution, it was just a goal. I did enroll in school. I wasn't under the watchful eye of everyone asking me if I had registered and taken placement test, and etc..

I have a set of goals this year. From making sure I do well in school and work, as well as losing some weight. Have you noticed when you tell people you're on a diet, they watch you like a hawk. Well, when you tell yourself, hence the word "yourself" that you want to eat healthier and you do it, people kinda back off. They're comments are way less. They may ask you are you on a diet or something?? You can answer anyway you want!!

So for 2009, I just want to be a better person and set personal goals to achieve. I might not achieve them in '09 because some are so big that it will take a couple of years but at least I can get the ball rolling. The word "Resolution" seems to be tainted in some way because I don't know one person who has kept theirs. The word "Goal" is less invasive and tends to be completed more so than resolutions.

Whatever you do for 2009, I hope that everything you wish to accomplish happens for you whether you call it a Resolution or Goal.

2 comments:

  1. I hear I been stop getting off into those "resolutions" personal self kept goals are much better to me. Good luck with them goals of yours though, you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Nique I have something for you on my blog's latest post so stop by and check it out. Don't feel obligated into passing it on, besides you can always save it for a later date. Don't kill me, lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete